View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Just diagnosed 6 months ago, not much support or experience for the medical community in the area where I live.
I've suffered from RSD for over 7 years. I am sorry to tell you physicians who are knowledgeable about RSD are far & few. Many "claim" to know about the condition - but they don't.
ONE BIG TIP I CAN TELL YOU & PLEASE BELIEVE IT:
DOCTORS WILL LOOK YOU IN THE EYE AND SAY "NARCOTICS/OPIATES DO NOT WORK ON NERVE PAIN" That is WRONG! I could not function at all in the world without Morphine Extended Release. I use the extended release because I am NOT a drug addict wanting a quick rush from an Immediate Release Compound. I do have a prescription for Morphine Sulfate Immediate Release, but that is used only for Breakthrough pain. I hate to sound so gloomy, but it is a tough road ahead of you if you have only had 6 months of this. My best advice - find a physician who is willing to LISTEN TO WHAT YOU THINK WORKS BEST (after trial Rxs) AND STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW HELPS. DO NOT LET THEM SHAME YOU INTO THINKING YOU ARE A DRUG ABUSER FOR WANTING A NARCOTIC TO HELP YOU LIVE A SOMEWHAT NORMAL LIFE STYLE.
GOOD LUCK!
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote