View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krank View Post
I just found this forum and I am so thankful for it. I was diagnosed a year ago with crps1 in the right ankle after a work injury . I have had five epidurals, aggressive PT and have been on neurotin 1800mg for the last 6 or so months. It looked like I was going into remission until about two weeks ago I felt some of that needles and pins thing going on and it didnt stop. The next I knew the little demon came back with a vengance and has started to climb up my leg. I have been eating vicodin like candy. My PM wants to install an SCS. A boston scientific model. Has anyone heard of this type and is there any other treatment (beside drugs) that can help ?
Have you tried physical therapy UNDER ANESTHESIA? If you haven't, you should ask your pain management doctor if that might be helpful.
I had this for one month and I now have some (very little, but some) use of my hand & fingers. After the surgery, the orthopedic wanted to amputate from the wrist down because he said it would not function & would be in the way. I chose the Inpatient Intensive Physical Therapy Under Epicural Anesthesia for 4 weeks. It was painful & a lot of work ..... but I have both hands and 10 fingers. I would call that success. Of course I still have the pain & everything else that goes with RSD, but I am blessed to still have my extremities.
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote