View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 11:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyngaerde View Post
Hello. My husband was diagnosed with anti MAG peripheral neuropathy on May 12, 2009. His anti MAG count is 110,000. He begain having symptom 2 years ago, starting with numbness in his toes on his right foot. He now has numbness and weakness in his toes, foot, and ankle on his right side and is beginning to have numbness in his toes on his left side. We are seeing his neurologist again on July 14 to discuss treatment with rituxan. We have read about its side effects, effectiveness, and high costs. We would like to hear from anyone who has experience with this illness. Does it always progess to wheelchair confinement and, if so, in what timeframe? Is it better to have treatment earlier or later? We appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
I posted a reply to you yesterday, but should have included the info about EXERCISE. Until my port was installed in april, I swam laps 3 times a week and really worked my legs and feet as hard as I could to keep the muscles in good shape. Often I would hang off the side of the pool and just kick hard. I really believe that it has helped me a great deal in keeping me going before I ever had treatment and now that I am experiencing some improvement from pherisis those muscles are ready to be used again.
NANCY W. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote