Thread: Wonder 196
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:46 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Oh I know, I know...remember that annoying kid in school who waved his arm so hard and long he had to use his other hand to hold it up? That wasn't me then but it is now, lol. I always have something to say now! so silly.
Anyway, I have an idea you might be able to use for babysitting your granddog. Remember when you made a bag of stuff to distract your kids when you were on the phone? Just like that. Prepare a little pillowcase full of squeakies or rawhide chewies, etc. and tuck it behind you. When he starts barking or is getting restless and you KNOW he doesn't have to go already, but is just bored, pull a toy out of the bag. If he really has to go he won't be impressed, but chances are he will play with it for 20 minutes. It will usually buy you some time til you feel like getting up. I even have one of those cat toys hanging on elastic on a stick-if you wave it around, they will chase it and get worn out a little without you having to move.

And Doody, Alffe didn't mean it, because then she would be calling me an even bigger failure. I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe we can be responsible for other's decisions or mistakes or accidents.

Aunt Barb, I like the sound of that. I wish I had an Aunt Barb.

One more thing-see Doody, if you would just ask me, I could solve all of your problems-On Facebook, you don't have to "keep up" That's why I like it. It is described as the party you always have an invitation to, but never have to show up for unless you want to," For example, all of the request things people send you-you don't have to send anything back and it is not considered rude at all. Really. That's what all of my young friends tell me.
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-10-2009), barbo (09-06-2009), Burntmarshmallow (09-09-2009), Doody (09-06-2009), Nik-key (09-10-2009)