Thread: Sleep Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:20 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Sleep Issues

I've just gone over a couple posts/threads here, and it seems that lot's of us have Sleep Issues.

So, I merely googled, "Sleep".

And, was rewarded with some good info.

I think it'd be a good idea for anyone who is suffering with sleep issues, (and those who are dropping things, or some other odd symptoms), do this too.

Lack of sleep, has, and can cause, SO many symptoms.
WebMD had a great little "series" of sleep disorders and their side effects.

I suggest, anyone with RSD, Chronic pain, or head trauma check this out.
That is, Google, = Sleep.

I've had a sleep test, and I'm being told to have another, since it's been years.
I use a CPap machine. Biggest difficulties with it are,
Remembering to put it on!
And, cleaning it constantly.
But, it will give you back, more than you take!

I used to just doze off, anywhere, anytime, and snore like a Lion.
Then, I was told, by a Doc friend, who had stayed over for a weekend for a visit, that I have Apnea. Sleep Apnea is very dangerous. You can have a heart attack, and be gone. (I was awoken by this Doc, like the house was afire, thought I was dying, due to my gasping for air! And, you can't put this on your spouse to simply notice, unless you tell them what to look for, and they're going to be awake). Apnea is not the same as "Not Sleeping". It's more like you stop breathing while asleep.
So, please do take this seriously!

My Neuro explained to me, what was happening to me was, I'd fall asleep, then the apnea kicked in, and, my Oxygen went low. My brain sent out a signal (I think it's called myclonic, not sure), to "Wake Up"!
You're dying!
So, I'd pop up, and be wide awake, with a Very Dry Mouth! (I used to go to bed, with a quart of ice water on the side...)

So, even now, if I fall asleep forgetting to put the mask on, (because it can be awkward), I'll wake up in an hour or so, and grab some water, and put it on.
A Cpap (or BiPap) needs to just become part of your sleep hygiene.

Hope you all have some good restful nights!

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (09-07-2009), SBOWLING (09-07-2009)