View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

biggermoose,*

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort.* I cannot diagnose, of course, but I have personally dealt with similar symptoms manifest in my clients as a licensed massage therapist, and in my dear husband since he's been afflicteed with Reiter's and CPP.* Especially with your health conditions to consider it is important to be careful of who you trust your body to, but perhaps your physician will have some ideas.* If you are able to alternate hot and cold and do some gentle yoga stretches you may find some relief, but I don't know how bad your symptoms are at this point or how much experience you have with physical therapies.* Do you know any physical therapists who are also licensed massage therapists?* I hope your insurance will help you with this.* When my husband is having a sciatic flare up, I help him do targeted assisted yoga stretches, apply gentle heat, and do several minutes to a couple of hours of massage.* While I can't fix him, sometimes we are able to get his flare up to subside enough to be able to walk and rest more comfortably.* All my best wishes for relief and comfort!
persephone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote