Thread: Pain meds????
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear that you are in a flare at the moment! I really hope you are feeling better and you are in my thoughts!

Here's a list of the meds I have been on (I may have missed some though due to short term memory loss which i'm sure you'll all understand!). I must mention that I am NOT on any meds at the moment as none of them really helped that much but please keep in mind that what works for one person, might not work for another!

Gabapentin - This didn't help and made me extremely fatigued.

Lyrica - I was put on this after the Gabapentin didn't work as it's the newer version. It didnt help me at all and I put on a lot of weight (around 30lbs) so came off it. I had nasty withdrawal symptoms whilst coming off it including mood swings, nausea, panic attacks etc.

Tramadol - Was put on this as it's supposed to help with neuropathic pain but it didn't help me and made me really drowsey.

Amitriptyline - I was put on this to try and help me sleep and ease some of the pain but it didn't help and I suffered from an awful side effect of blurred vision which resulted in a fall and a spread of the RSD so had to come off it immediately.

Baclofen - I was put on this to help with the Dystonia that I have as a complication of the RSD but it didn't help.

Morphine - I was put on a morphine drip whilst in hospital for an ingrown toenail removal but it didn't help and made me really nauseated.

Kenadrin - Was put on this when I developed severe myocolonic spasms but it didn't help and caused my pupils to dilate again.

Diazepam - Was put on this to try and stem the myocolonic spasms but it didn't help yet again.

Ketamine - This is the only med that helps for me. It takes my pain away from about an 8 and half to a 6. My Dr doesn't like me taking it too much though as he fears it could affect my hormones etc because of my age.

I really hope this helps and that you find something that helps you soon! you are in my thoughts and prayers!