View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default looking for ideas - answers -

I have lots of left sided pain in my face. It has been suggested I have TN. The neuro was rather evasive when I saw him. Maybe he has never seen a case of TN before; I just don't know. I don't have the electric zap pains. He then sent me back to the PCP and this is all over her head I know.

But, I have all these other weird symptoms he blew off. I have distorted smells. I had strange tastes. I have pain in the left ear area. The pain started in the ear area after a possible injury last fall. It sometimes is right by the nose and sometimes in the orbit of the eye.

I have a toxic feeling in the back of my throat sometimes an hour or so after eating. Then the mouth / gums burn and the lips too. I am trying to determine what is setting that off but don't know - like what foods even.

I had found a couple articles on burning mouth and they talked about ruling out TN or other Trigeminal nerve damage. I guess they haven't been ruled out, but how can I get some relief on this. I can't stand the burning mouth symptoms.

Any ideas on what to look at?
cowardly_kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote