View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

dangit. I was hoping for more than a few weeks of no numbness anywhere.

At least so far it's just the left hand...and it's not as bad as it was yesterday.

My aunt (a nurse practitioner) told me it sounded like the completely numb hand that I wake up with most mornings was similar to what happens to her sometimes. She said it was her pillows that cause it for her. When they get squooshed and lumpy, she tosses her pillows in the dryer for 20 minutes (do NOT do that with a foam pillow...I read the warning on the side of my mom's machine)

My aunt has down pillows, mine are fiberfill. I decided to try it last night. I used the dryer to fluff my pillows and when I finally got to sleep (at nearly 5am... was asleep at 4am, but my mom woke me up for some piddly thing about a light) I actually fell asleep and fell asleep a lot faster than I have been doing. I didnt lay there for hours, trying to get comfy.

And, my hand, when it did fall asleep, it wasnt such a "deep sleep" as it has been doing. Maybe a little more tingly in the fingertips when I woke up, but nothing like it has been doing. I've been getting woken up by a completely numb, cant move my hand numbness. Didnt get that this morning. Hopefully having fluffy pillows instead of lumpy pillows will help. I hope this fixes the problem. (not likely, but I can dream)

My left hand isnt quite as numb as it was yesterday after I got up and moved around this morning. I still have nerve pain running up my arm if I raise my arm above my head like you would to wash hair. (that sucks) My shoulder hurts too. But it always hurts. I can pull my shoulder out of joint and let it snap back at will (I think it slides out at night when I'm sleeping too) Been doing that since I was really little. (can do it with both shoulders) so I dont know if the hand going numb while sleeping is related to that or to the MS or a combination of the two.

I did have a disturbing sensation last night. I had just laid down, and was in the process of turning to my left side, when I had what felt like a lightning bolt going thru my right shoulder down my rib cage. OWWWWW! It almost felt like what I felt when a lightning bolt struck in front of our house when I was in our garage a few years ago. Something burned my my head and the ponytail holder I was wearing in my hair broke at the same time. Back of my head tingled at the time too like the pain in my shoulder last night. The incident with the lightning hurt more than what happened last night tho.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (09-08-2009)