View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default All done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had to get my tubes tied after my 3rd,I was 25.I also had a cyst the size of a softball removed from my left ovary, was left with just half after all was done.Is it possible that I had hot-flashes from that at the time? I read that alot of women go thru early menopause if they have had an auto-immune disease, my last period was when I was 47,such heavy flow the final year, I had to use adult diapers! I got a couple of hot flashes after that, not as bad as when I was 25.My doctor did some tests this spring, to see about my hormones, etc., results came back, he said I was all finished, I was now post-menopause!!!!! I am soo glad its over with! I also got my period when I was 11, was not a very easy one. I have been taking calcium/magnesium, as well as vit.d, and I do drink tons of milk,at my ripe age of 49, I can drink a gallon of milk every few days, if I want to.My husband used to laugh at me, when he would take me out for a fancy steak supper, I would always have to order a large milk to go with it!! Not too classy! I think I never ever had the menopause-sleep problems because I have been taking ELAVIL for 13 years now, and it knocks me out into my deep REM sleep, so I sleep well. And I just do not know if I went thru the mood swings, because I lost a child to cancer 7 years ago-this september 11-so I have been grieving for the entire time. I do hope every woman having a tough time of it, can stay strong and get thru it all.We are soo lucky to be able to talk to each other here,and feel so much support!
prairiemary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-07-2009)