View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Warning-ALOT TO VENT!

Finally,a place to talk about what I am soo ashamed to talk about! I grew up being called all of the usual "flatsy" names,nearly got implants when I was 18, when my boyfriend told me I was not much of a woman without big breasts, broke up with him,only to marry a like-minded man, like the one I broke up with.He said that size did not matter to him,but very willingly wrote the cheque to the Plastic Surgeon,when I got them 27 years ago.Yes,I have had the same ones for 27 years now,and they are a real mess,distorted and very painful.They still look good as long as I have a bra on, but they hurt more than not.Back then,we had extra money, but not now, so to get them replaced would be hard financially.I remember asking my Neurologist, when I got G.B.S, if there was a chance I got it from having silicone implants,but he said no.So I have not questioned it, not until yesterday, when I found this site,after reading all of the posts, I wonder if they really are the reason why I have such bad nerve pain? Then I went to read about the female doctor in cleveland,ohio, that some of the posters talked about, and did even more reading, and looked at pics of problem implants,and how it looks when they are removed,but not replaced,and I just don't think I could handle looking like that! Vanity? Yes! But I also feel like I am part of a very small group of women who have had the original implants for soo long!Though I am canadian,I am going to write to this doctor, she sounds like she knows what she is doing,and see what can be done. I REALLY want a female plastic surgeon this time,and I am hoping she can point me to one in canada.I am 49 now,but feel like I am abit too young yet to not care if I have "tube"breasts or not,implants out, with no replacing them.Boy,if I had only known then,what I know now, I would still very happily be called FLATSY!
prairiemary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote