View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin An Amazing Day In My World

I have had the most amazing day...one which I hope sets the tone for a wonderful new year to come. I'd like to share...

My youngest (19) was married on December 30th. She's a happy girl. She's also pregnant. She has an appointment scheduled for the 11th and had only had home pregnancy tests (7 of them...lol...she was in shock because she was taking BC pills). Anyhow, she's had some concerning symptoms that continued on to today so we went out the the ER. I just expected a pregnancy test and exam to make sure that she was pregnant and attempt to rule out a tubal pregnancy.

They were WONDERFUL. The doctor was in there before she could change into the gown. He immediately set up an ultrasound. I had my first interaction with my first grandbaby today...I saw the little heart beating and cried when she turned up the volume and I heard the little beats at 133 per minute. They measured and said that she's 6 wks, 1 day into her pregnancy and said the due date is August 30. From there they told her that everything appeared very normal.

Until that moment, I think I'd been in a bit of shock due to the massive concern for my daughter. In that moment reality, love, amazement filled me as I saw my baby's baby and heard the life there.

To top off my day, my oldest called to tell me that her and her husband of 1 1/2 yrs. just signed an offer for their first little home. She sent me to the website and it's an adorable little 3 bedroom brick in a wonderful neighborhood.

Does is get any better? I just don't think so!!!

I wanted to share with my online family.

Y'all, we're having a baby!!!

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote