View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was thinking it was Lhermitte's last night, because my arm and shoulder hurt. But, this morning it doesnt hurt, even tho my fingers are still a little tingly. I dont really feel anything weird when I bend my neck forward, but if I bend my elbow at all, the tingle feels a bit more prominent.

I had Lhermitte's back when I first got diagnosed, so I know what it feels like, (oh, it really really sucked then!) and I just dont think this is it.

I'm starting to think that it's tendonitis in my elbow. I sit and knit or crochet a lot. When I do, the way I sit, my elbow stays bent a certain way, and when I sleep, it's on the left side, and usually wake up with my elbow under me. It seems like everything is centered at my elbow. I can touch the back of the elbow where the funny "bone" is, and it seems to trigger the pain in the arm that I was feeling yesterday if I press on it just right (or wrongly?)

I seemed to sleep a lot better last night with the pillows in a different (more flat) arrangement of just two pillows, instead of sleeping with a collection of four or five pillows arranged in a half circle and layered 3 pillows deep where my head lays. I still didnt fall asleep till 4am, but I actually stayed asleep the entire time and only woke up just now (9am) when our cleaning lady started banging the kitchen chairs around. I havent done that in a long while, stayed asleep for 5 hours straight. (I usually wake every hour or two) I feel like I actually got some decent sleep. Not enough, but it was a quality sleep and not the crappy sleep that I seem to have been getting lately. I dreamed!

So, now I'm wondering if the fingers being tingly is an MS thing, and the elbow hurting is tendonitis. The left hand was the one that was the most tingly/numb before I had the steroids this summer.

If it gets worse, I'll ask my doctor about it when I call him about getting a Rx for LDN next week. I think I'll assume it's a tendonitis. One of the trainers down at the gym I do my treadmilling at is a physical therapist. I think I'll ask them what exercise I can do down there that might help.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote