View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
They recently did a "sting" close to my town for a "meth style lab" and they tracked down the target folks because to buy Sudafed, you must show a DL to get it. These guys used their DLs to get dozens and dozens and dozens of boxes of the stuff.

I would have been upset had the cashier not told me what she was up to with MY information. She could have said "in order to buy this, I will need to SCAN your license, is that ok?" and let you make the choice, but to just scan willy nilly with the amount of hackers that are busting into corporate systems is scary!

Im with you! I would be upset.

There was nothing in the ingredients that would make meth. I am all for recording my name for that type of ingredient but not for something small like alcohol. The cashiers have no idea what the scan does - I only found out when the store tried to double talk me - first they said to find out if I was who I was and then they said to get the DOB because the cashier could punch in any number. Then they admitted they take the name and address too.
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote