View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
After I had been period free, for a year, my doctor ran some hormone tests and decreed...yep it was over. Then I went on vacation, and guess what? My breasts got sore, like old times and then one day... an unwanted visitor came! THAT was my last period!
Exactly what happened to me. Probably because of my gluten intolerance, I started menopause around 42...by 49, I was over the hump. My sister, now 51, still isn't truly menopausal. Our mom had a hysterectomy at 35, so we can't go by her. I will be 54 in a few weeks, I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago last month, because of a prolapsed uterus. The doc thought, with removal of my ovaries, it may send me back into hormonal issues, but it didn't...whewwwwwwww.

Quote:
My mom didn't hit menopause until well into her 60's!!! If I follow in her foot-steps I am going to be really, really...really mad at her! (And, yes she will still be around to be mad at because the women in my family also live to be really old.)
This made me snicker...many of the posts have. I understand wanting it over with. I had very heavy periods, ones where I really didn't dare leave home for the first day or 2...I hated it, along with the fact, that's probably what made my ferritin take a nose dive!

Good luck all...everything happens, sooner or later.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-20-2010)