View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dew -

About that wheelchair, my neurologist, who graduated from medical school around the time you were born, was of the same opinion: his job was to get people out of wheelchairs, not put them in them.

What turned him around in my case was just a list of all the things I could not do without a wheelchair. And thankfully, there were no WC issues to deal with, having injured both feet at the gym.

So I would suggest taking Hopeforthebest's advice to heart. You might even want to maintain that list of all the things that come up on a daily basis that you just can't do without a wheelchair. (I presume you've been through a regimine of PT/OT, if not you should do so, WC allowing.) And to test the scooter hypothesis, you might want to rent a wheelchair for a couple of days, just see what your upper body strength is like, vis-a-vis the real world.

take care,

Mike

PS This was obviously posted before I read your subsequent thread re WC approval, which is wonderful news.

PPS And this was obviously before I realized that I had confused H4TB's thread with yours!!!

Last edited by fmichael; 09-10-2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typo
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (09-09-2009), hope4thebest (09-09-2009)