View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Connie,

I have MS. I was diagnosed 2-7-08 and have been on Rebif since about a week after. They should do brain and spinal MRI's with and without contrast if MS is something they truly suspect. They may also do a lumbar puncture and should do lots of blood work to rule out things like lime disease and many others. MS isn't something that they can just look at one test and diagnose it. They have to look at all of it and rule out lots of other things. Although I didn't have the LP, but that was because there was enough with clinical symptoms and lesions and I was so afraid of needles in my spine I had both my babies naturally.

For me I have always been the kind that when the doctor suggests something I have to go research it to see if I think it fits or not. So I understand you researching it all.

I think going over to the MS board and asking questions there would be a good thing. You could also send me a personal message if you want I will answer any questions I can. But definitely write down any questions so that you don't forget to ask any and it would be good to bring someone with you. I know I always get more out of appointments when there is someone else there to help me communicate with the doctor what's been going on. Doctors tend to believe when my husband tells them about one of my symptoms but not as much when just I tell them.

I know I wanted to tell you more but I have one sick kid and one kid who's not sick and I'm trying to keep them apart so he doesn't get what she has. So I keep getting side tracked and forgetting what I was going to say. If you have more specific questions just let me know and I will try and answer what I can.

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConnieS (09-10-2009), SandyC (09-09-2009)