View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post sounds like i may be onto something here--with neurotoxicology

My doc put me on Lyrica, as well as for the past year and a half, I'm on Norco 350mg 6xday; Corisoprodol 350mg 4xday; xanax .05mg as needed daily; and Lyrica this past week 300mg day. I am zoned out and decided today that I'm DONE with Lyrica. I started the double dose routine yesterday and could hardly function. And this is the program he put me on for now. I was also prescribed AND FILLED Fentanyl patch 25mg every 72 hours IF I have to resort to that for pain control. I'm reeeeeeeeeeeal close to putting a patch on. I am going to my third surgeon for a consult for neck/back issues. Had an anterior cervical fusion/disectomy July, 08 and I am no better. My arms, hands, fingers hurt as well as being weak and fatigued. One of my concerns is "abruptly stopping the Lyrica" all together. I placed two phone calls and left detail reasons of concern w/the doctor's office. Haven't heard yet so now I am surfing for answers. I think I'm becoming a junkie! Am I one? Last night, and I know this is TMI, but I woke up during many intervals and realized I wet my bed! I don't know if it was because I was too out of it to realize to get up and go to the bathroom or if my kidneys are affected. What is going on anymore is beyond me...I am clueless. I'm hoping to get some answers next week when we go see this new doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie66 View Post
Whist studying the book "Neurotoxicology" in order to ascertain why I was so ill, and why the Doctors were useless, I came across the chapter entitled "the cerebellar toxicity of antiepileptic drugs" This chapter answered most of my queries.
Whilst studying, I made contact with the epilepsy research foundation. They invited me to send in a report, so I typed out 16 pages and entitled it " A patient's views and studies." I then got a reply from the foundation inviting me to join them at their meeting at the Royal Society. I went to several of these meetings and enjoyed the very interesting talks by the top British epilepsy experts.
Yet more of my queries were satisfactorily anwered and I now know what damage has been done by those antiepileptic drugs. I have never suffered from epilepsy but did have a mother who suffered from "Munchausens syndrome by proxy" She was very convincing with her lies.
Due to the fact that I was studying the subject whilst suffering from the drug toxicity, I have a unique insight into the problem.
It might be interesting to note that there are four classes of drugs with neurotoxic potential
The anti cancer drugs
Psychopharmacological drugs
Nitroimazoles
Antiepileptic drugs.
janetcole49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote