View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tos8,
Welcome to the forum I've had complex partial and absence (petit mal) seizures for 37 yrs. now. I had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures. Take my word the best thing for you to do is to start taking vitamin B12 once a day 1000 mcg., and keep a journal of all our seizures write down what time they happen along with a discription this will help your neurologist and he/she might be able to see a pattern in your seizures. Also take note if your are going through hormonal changes because this can trigger seizures, bright lights can cause them for some people also.
Complex partial seizures are one of the hardest types of seizures to control and they can sometimes lead into tonic clonic seizures (grand mal). I found the best AED's (seizure meds) for me to take was mysoline, and Diamox, I also just recently started the drug keppra and since I got up to the drug level my neurologist wanted me on I haven't had a single seizure.
Stay away from diet soda and anything with nutra sweet in it because the nutra sweet (aspartame) can trigger seizures for people because it causes more electrical activity in the brain. Take note if you have seizures when there's a low pressure in the weather sometimes this can cause seizures also. The 2 main things that cause seizures are stress and lack of sleep. You are probably feeling a little tired because your body may not be used to the meds your taking yet. My best advice to you is to go to an Epilepsy Center which is often found at a University Hospital and ask to see an Epileptolgist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) I've gotten the most help from an Epileptologst, they are way ahead and understand the epilepsy much better, and they have had me on the least meds. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote