View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well we had a GREAT session in speech too! He's doing okay in school, the ESE (Exceptional School Expert or whatever it stands for) talked to me about changing up his placement from elementary school kids and middle school kids to Middle school kids and High School age kids, since he's the oldest kid in his class and I told him to go for it! I think Jackie will be freaked at first but will do just fine in time and be happier in the long run.

It feels darn good to be able to talk about him in a nice way, and not feel like he's just ripping up and destroying everything he's touching. Gone like two days with NO destructiveness so that's great! He loved his matchbox cars and the squishy elephant I got for him at the dollar tree, he even knew where I was today and said, "Dollar Tree?" pointing at the dishsoap and the elephant, I was like, "Yes Dollar Tree sweetie" and when he talked about h is matchbox cars he went "Walmart?" And I was like "Yup, walmart honey. Hope you like them!"

Check this toy out Mom is gonna get for him:

http://www.amazon.com/Maxim-Ramp-Rac.../dp/B000BNB1H2

His speech therapist got one for her kids at work to play with and he really seemed to ENJOY it so I called around and found one and Mom is gonna get it for him tomorrow and give it to him like next week sometime. Isn't that a cool looking wooden toy? I really liked it and was glad to see him working hard for his speech therapist today. It feels good to be bouncing back from all those health woes. I wish the same for you Donna, hang in there and keep those appts!

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-09-2009), Dmom3005 (09-10-2009), Mari (09-09-2009)