View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
Back home from PM doc visit; upped my OpanaER to 30 mg twice per day,..nothing else changes. If this doesn't address my pain, he does not know what else he can do for me..how comforting..NOT!

I can not have a wheelchair,even though I need one..because PM doc thinks I will become dependent on it. Forget the fact that I have to use crutches because it is too painful to walk, and a cane, the rest of the time. Denial of my mobility issue will not make it go away, doc. I see PM doc again in 2 months.

WE worked a way out that I will never have to worry about my OpanaER script being late, again : )

Hope you are all well
love, Dew
Hi Dew, Well you got good news and bad news- Sorry about the denial of the wheelchair. That's ridiculous- Does not show respect for you has a patient. Who wants to be dependent on one.You show respect and trust in him as your Dr.-can't it work the other way? Don't understand-it doesn't make sense.
Glad you don't have to worry about the pain meds again like before. It better work or I'm coming to Oklahoma!
I only had a couple days with low pain because of good sleep with my new sleep pill. I got flu-really think I got pneumonia. I did go to Dr. and got 10 days of high antibioc. After a couple days the green flu came back.
Have you been watching any tennis? Laura and I played about 5 days a week after school. We took lesson and they had indoor courts besides outdoor, because of the Oregon rain. One summer on our way back from a trip to Europe, we stopped in New York for the Tennis Open and stayed 12 days. My husband only stayed one day. We were just talking tonight and plan on going next fall for just a few days.
They just got back from a 4 day trip to Bellingham washington , where
my next door neighbor and then roommate now live. Their daughter and Laura are same age and went all 12 grades of school together. They went out crabbing and got 16 crabs and Lucas caught a 5 lb Salmon.They had so much fun. I couldn't go because of relapse. Back on higher pain meds.
Are you still feeling a little low since your have got back home. It seems when we go thro something as hard as that, It takes a while to recover. I know it did with me, when we flew back to Oregon when one of good friends'
son died from a car accident.
I got 4 page copy of a jouornal "Neurology Now March/April 2009
I think it's worth reading, be happy to fax it to you or mail it. I don't know if we have the equipment to scan and then e-mail. I'll ask my hubby tomorrow.
Take care and sending my love and soft hugs, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (09-10-2009)