View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks everyone, for your replies... I just got my diagnosis of MND confirmed, tho at the moment my neuro cant be exactly sure which subtype it falls into as mine seems to be overlapping both ALS and PLS. My doc says its extremely obvious as I have all the signs.. I think he said positive plantar response, babinski etc.. With stiff limbs,hyper reflexes etc.. I am also really happy that I found him, as he said the other doctors whom I saw locally previously were all idiots. Haha! They had referred me to a psychiatrist which he was extremely surprised and annoyed. He said he isnt sure what all the doctors are doing, and that they probably call themselves consultants for fun. He said if any other docs were to do this to me again, i should tell them to go see a psychiatrist themselves, and quote him. Lol....

I feel so blessed, really. To have finally found someone who believes in what I am feeling and knows what he is talking about. He has also kindly referred me to this neuro at this hospital where I will be able to receive subsidies for whateever treatment that is scheduled...

He has also said that though most doctors says MND is incurable, he still likes to believe that there is a cause and solution for everything, and he will do his best to help me. If the doctor he has referred cant help me, then come back to him and he will help me.

Currently he has only given me clonotril to help me with my cramps and stiffness, though I just searched and found out that clonotril is used for epilepsy.

He said its shameful that doctors locally cant help me, and that I had to go overseas for someone to point me in the correct direction. HE said something has to be done or my progression's gonna get faster and it will be tougher on me.

I feel so relieved frankly, and am just so touched by what this neuro said today. =) Though its not a great diagnosis, at least I now know what I'm dealing with. Lol. But I'm still gonna hang around here, just cant bear to leave this forum.
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (09-10-2009)