View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Too weird. Being in a chair and vulnerable, I never let anyone in, guys selling fish out of cars, religious groups. I once talked to a cop who wanted to serve me papers to be a witness in court for something I did not see (my mailbox got hit by a car) and he kinda respected me for not opening door. Bad guys lie about being cops, made him leave paper (which I did not have to do as it turned out - I play the MS card as needed).
Cable guy came to pick up box when we changed. I had a neighbor over. Later she ewas gone, he came back for his pen (Just a Bic, nothing special) He set off my ick alarm, I stayed at door, almost on porch and put msnotty voice on, "I don't know where it is. Look on bookcase. He picked it up, left, but it was awkward there. I don't let anyone in, if I have a SCHEDULED I bring my dog in. He is big and wolf looking, they don't know he's a big baby. He comes over, puts his head on my knee and looks great as he looks at them carefully. I feel very vulnerable now and keep my doors locked.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-10-2009), Kitt (09-10-2009), Lady (09-12-2009), SallyC (09-10-2009)