View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetcole49 View Post
My doc put me on Lyrica, as well as for the past year and a half, I'm on Norco 350mg 6xday; Corisoprodol 350mg 4xday; xanax .05mg as needed daily; and Lyrica this past week 300mg day. I am zoned out and decided today that I'm DONE with Lyrica. I started the double dose routine yesterday and could hardly function. And this is the program he put me on for now. I was also prescribed AND FILLED Fentanyl patch 25mg every 72 hours IF I have to resort to that for pain control. I'm reeeeeeeeeeeal close to putting a patch on. I am going to my third surgeon for a consult for neck/back issues. Had an anterior cervical fusion/disectomy July, 08 and I am no better. My arms, hands, fingers hurt as well as being weak and fatigued. One of my concerns is "abruptly stopping the Lyrica" all together. I placed two phone calls and left detail reasons of concern w/the doctor's office. Haven't heard yet so now I am surfing for answers. I think I'm becoming a junkie! Am I one? Last night, and I know this is TMI, but I woke up during many intervals and realized I wet my bed! I don't know if it was because I was too out of it to realize to get up and go to the bathroom or if my kidneys are affected. What is going on anymore is beyond me...I am clueless. I'm hoping to get some answers next week when we go see this new doctor.
the bold, could be indicative of cauda equina issues...serious, suggest doc visit.....expecting pain relief from spinal surgery if oft folley.....it is done to correct/relieve neuro deficit, pain relief may be a happy side affect, but not always.
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote