View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Hi Marty,

I think the quick answer is probably YES, we should be addressing our heavy metal burdens. How we do it safely is the challenge. You can first look at all the stuff we are exposed to and attempt to reduce or eliminate them. Then look at what you personally need to support your liver and digestive systems. Pretty much all anti-oxidant have chelating attributes, either directly or indirectly. As Mrs D stated, you can go to the far end of the spectrum with Pharmaceuticals like IV EDTA, DMSA, DMPA done at the docs offfice...not cheap either, can also be done orally or you can address heavy metals with a more natural approach. Baths, sauna, vitamins, minerals, etc. Alpha Lipoic Acid, a nutrient many with PN use, is also a heavy metal chelator. The herb cilantro is also strong chelator provided it's grown organically in lead free soil.

Many times, as people start removing heavy metals, candida/parasites issue surface because there's a belief the heavy metals keep them in check in your body. So you need to make sure you can support your entire body when you chelate. The other controversy surrounding chelation is that the body cannot handle the amount of metals being mobilized, called dumping, which are then reabsorbed and deposited into other organs. So going too fast is not good in my opinion unless you are in a crisis with serious heavy metal poisoning.

John was on a pharmaceutical oral chelator for his iron overload and it was tough on his body. Messed with his kidneys and digestion, as well as his zinc levels. He's now able to deal with the remaining iron by giving blood every other month. A much better option.

Probably more than you wanted to know...M

No that's great information for me, thanks Marlene.