View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you sue! I do take tegretol. Im just up to 800 mg a day. Today I very much thought I was going to have one, but I do the cold water thing already, I did it one day while I was in church and thought I was going to have one and since then thats what I try to do, And it does help! Thank you so much for all this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi tos8,
There have been many times over the yrs. that I get a nervous feeling in my stomach and I know it will lead to an absence (petit mal) or complex partial seizure. Back in the 1970's my neuro told me the moment I got the feeling I was going to have a seizure to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists for a few seconds by doing this it will sto the seizure and take my word it works great. Another thing you can do is put a cool washcloth on your face and the back of your neck this will stop the neurons in your brain from firing up and triggering a seizure. This is fairly new and I just finished working with Drs. on a medical study with this and it works great. Take my word the stare and not being able to speak is all part of a complex partial seizure, if you are having vision problems this is telling me that the seizure is starting from the optical lobe which is the back of your head where your eyesight is and if you can't speak it's also affecting the left temporal lobe of your brain where your speech is.
I'm no Dr.but it sounds like your complex partials are leading into clonic seizures where you can't control your bodies muscles twitching this is what happened to me and I used to take tegretol but after taking it for yrs. I broke out with a rash. I will tell you to stay away from grapefruit or grapefruit juice while on tegretol because the enyzmes in the fruit will mess up the tegretol. Also take note if you get sick with a cold or virus you might have more seizures because over the counter meds will slow down the drugs going through your blood and it can trigger seizures. You might want to look into taking phenobarbital, mysoline, or keppra for your seizures. Another drug that has worked great for me is diamox. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote