View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCY W. View Post
Hello. Your symptoms and mine are very similar and I am getting help now and seeing improvement. I was diagnosed 10 years ago with monoclonal gamopathy and noone suggested treatment. So I got progressively worse - all the symptoms you mention and getting harder to walk (and a few falls and tripping over my own feet). Finally saw a neurologist who after many fancy blood tests, diagnosed me with antiMAG and put me on a regime of plasma exchange (plasma pherisis). That was 4 months ago and I am seeing improvement - not huge dramatic improvement, but I am walking better and I believe I have more feeling in feet and legs. The same neurologist is now suggesting Rituxan - don't know if I will do this or not yet.
Hope this info helps you to know that there is new information out there and I hope you can also find some help. REgards, Nancy W.
have MGUS. Diagnosed after PN discovered 5 years ago. I still get my yearly blood test and, fortunately at this point, it still is at an extremely low level. But, there always is the small little voice in the back of my head that can be brought forward when I read about a person dying from multiple myeloma.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote