Thread: Driving !!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Right there with you, Sally. This lousy disease is so sinister (for some) with the way it gradually takes things away from us. As you know, it became impossible for me to even get into my car without help along with using the pedals since my legs didn't work very well. But even at that time when I did drive, the old confidence just wasn't there, plus quite a bit of dizziness. I learned to drive many moons ago in New Jersey and you all probably know about "Jersey Drivers" -- Leadfoot!!

It's been over a year now that I sold my car. Yes, it was a blow at first, but I've gotten used to the fact that I just don't drive. Even riding in a car usually brings on the nausea. It's been more than two years since I've been in a store, or anywhere except doctor appointments and holding my little dog on the way to the groomer. My cognition isn't the greatest, not to mention the fatigue. Sometimes I doze off while eating and wake up still holding the fork! Now that's scary when thinking about driving!!

My license is still in effect and I may renew it just in case that magic cure is found in time, but in the meantime, I sure wouldn't want to be responsible for causing an accident for myself but especially for anybody else.

Isn't it amazing how we adjust to life's different situations??

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (09-11-2009), ewizabeth (09-11-2009), gonnamakeit (09-11-2009), Jappy (09-11-2009), SallyC (09-11-2009)