View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your replies. It has been hard trying to figure all of this out. Nothing is easy about RSD and everything that goes with it. It seems to affect everything and also everything seems to affect IT! UGG

I have also been paying attention to what I eat and drink, activities, etc to see what flares the RSD. It's amazing how many things bring on a flare. I too have full body RSD now and it's terrible. I have it bad in my face as well and also the nerves in my mouth. On occasion I will want something other than water to drink and I can't handle it. Sugar is not my friend. Anything sweet, forget it! Sometimes I can handle watered down juice or a soda but it's rare. A soda feels like acid in my mouth! I have trouble eating things because everything tastes weird and sometimes I just have pain chewing and swallowing.

Through all of this mess, my hormone levels have been tested and my levels seems to be awfully low. They aren't too concerned yet but it's in question as to whether this is going to put me into early menopause. It's already a given that it would be early due to the hysterectomy and only having one ovary but I'm not ready for menopause yet! I'm only 36!

Also, I am worried about osteoporosis. Anyone have issues with this? My entire body cracks, grinds and creaks. I crack my neck and back at least 20 times a day. I sound like a roll of bubble wrap. SOmetimes it hurts when I crack because it not only cracks..it pops! It's horrible. My left shoulder now cracks and pops with movement. My right one is the TOS side and it's stuck but it grinds alot. It's gross. I feel so weak everywhere and my feet and ankles crack probably 100 times a day. People hear it all the time and look at me weird. Nobody has looked for osteo but it also runs in my family so I'm a little worried.

It seems to be always something. This is an awful awful disease and I feel for every single one of us who has to deal with it!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote