View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I haven't got much to offer here.

But I will say this. On vacation this summer I had 3 miserable days where my good right leg went into screaming pain. I thought I might have over-extended it, but I don't recall doing anything to cause it. It hurt all the way down the to the knee like a knife--and I could barely walk. You know what it was? Because of the cold, and because our large frig was not working right, we were living out of a small trailer sized one--this meant we were not eating like at home.
I figured out it was my calcium level when I took some Maalox instant dissolve (1000mg cal carbonate) for a bit of heartburn, and within 4 hrs, the pain was GONE! It was some muscle spasm combined with a nerve? going haywire. At home we have yogurt every day, and my Lactaid milk with Calcium added, and fresh veggies etc. Up there we were living off sandwiches/oatmeal/soups/spagetti/fresh fish.

It sort of was a wake up call about calcium/magnesium levels. I was getting my mag from the almonds I was snacking on. But no calcium!

So make sure you are getting the calcium you need, and that you take Vit D to ensure its absorption, or at least get outside for 1/2 hr a day between 11am and 3pm.

It seemed like such a simple thing, but my thigh pain was far from simple!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote