View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Trish,

John took 300 mg ALA 2x/day. If memory serves me correctly, the studies done in Germany with ALA were at 300 mg 3x/day and higher. They used this to treat diabetic PN.

I think the R-lipoic acid is the new and improved version and allows you go with a lower dose. I don't know exactly what dose that would be but I would think you could cut it in half and start with 150mg 2x/day. Others with experience with will know.

Regarding the antioxidants and cancer issue is not clear at all. When John did his chemo, which was a high dose over 4 days, his doc did not want him to use the NAC during those four days. The reason being is that it can improve the liver detox pathways and mess with level of drug in the body. In some cases, it makes drug more effective and in others, eliminates it quicker and they needed him to have a a lot of the drug in system to make sure it wiped out his bone marrow. Your husband probably has a lot of deficiencies at this point that need to be corrected and there's a lot of oxidative damage that has occurred. This was true for John also.

Sometimes I think they don't want people to use supplements and herb because then they would do other than "assembly line" treatment. They want a certain level of predictability. If they were really concerned about feeding the cancer, they would take tougher stance on the use of sugar. It is proven that cancer loves sugar and thrives when diets are high in sugar.

Hope this helps....M
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote