View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Asian flu - 1957, Hong Kong flu 1968-early 69. And they were terrible but I survived. No vaccines then. Never had a flu vaccine and do not plan to.

I have read that people with MS (immunological disorder) should probably not have any flu vaccinations. It could be a problem for CMTers as well. I'm not taking any chances. Just what I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
My docs are not in agreement on the vaccines.

I never had a flu vaccine until I worked in the medical field and was forced to - still got the flu one of those years big time.

I never got anything as a kid except the flu every couple of years (not even a cold) - never even had anti-biotics until my late 20's and had a very bad reaction to them - and measles, mumps, and chicken pox.... survived the swine flu and hong kong flu (1969 and 75 I think?), was pretty sick but they did pack a punch.

Did continue to get flu shots after leaving medical field until started getting IVIG few years ago and they told me not to get live vaccine, didnt bother at all and got sick a couple years back with a respiratory infection (no more IVIG, it was a waste for me). My biggest challenges are my PN and gastroparesis, which has resulted in malnutrition and very physical decline, so am thinking about getting shots this year. However, being so underweight and sick now, it worries me that it will just make me sicker. (I have an extremely healthy friend who has a bad case of lupus triggered by the only flu shot she ever had - permanently disabled from it).....

Mrs D or? if someone is already really immune compromised and with malnutrition, how can potentially exposing yourself vaccines be helpful? I went into shock and got really sick just from pnuemonia shot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 09-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (09-11-2009)