View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default My own house has issues?

And while molds are visible in some spots? Testing [a very EXPENSIVE endeavor] results indicated that YES molds were present, but none of the TOXICS were at anywhere near levels to worry about. However? I wasn't overwhelmed with the company who did the testing, and I had to threaten calling their 'membership board' and the Better Business Bureau to get test results.
While There IS a possiibility of toxic mold in my own home? I believe more that I am simply one with a compromised immune system that doesn't get along with the environment of this building. The symptoms do not dissapate nor decrease if I am in a different place for even two weeks at a stretch, so I don't/can't use that as a measure. I suspect or believe, that once exposed to some toxins? It can create a systemic reaction. I believe others can speak more eloquently on this aspect than I could ever do.
Since Your rental office moved you [ideally at no cost, other than wear and tear on you?] They are admitting a degree of liability. However to sue or the like is VERY EXPENSIVE AND requires a lot of medical documentation [meaning all can see ALL of your medical records, etc.] and hassle. If it were me? I would ask the area Health Department to 'check the mold issue' and explain why. It can become a 'touchy' subject unless you've got another and a safer place to move to? It's a double edged sword in many ways and I wish you both luck and wisdom in this quarter!
Hope always! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote