View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default it's me lisashea in total remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBeetle View Post
Remission ? Nope , not during the 4 years I have had RSD . I have never read about a total remission either but if so , sounds hopefull .

Good luck to you .
Hi,
Just wanted to drop in and say that I do know of people in total remission( me and 2 others who used to come to the braintalk forum). I had pinched nerves in my ankle and once my chiropractor made some adjustments to my bones and I did 2 yrs of intense rehab, I am back at work fulltime and feel incredible.( to me, incredible means no rsd pain or symptoms)

The other people I mentioned got better using HBOT. One was a dancer. I think her name was DancerJen. She was young, in her 20's, and I think was from California. She used to drop in now and then.

Then there was a gentleman who did HBOT in Florida twice. I met him in person a few years ago and he was back at work and functioning very well.

As for remission for short peroids of time, what I can tell you is:
1. I got remissions with HBOT and accupuncture.
2. I know someone whose pain went away from a Laser therapy earlier this year. She had about 15 treatments and felt great for the first time in years. No pain. Then the sales rep took the machine out of her doctors office and disappeared! Her pain is back and her doctor is trying to buy a machine so she can use it again. I think it's called "cold laser".
3. I know another person who I did HBOT with that has had periodic remissions since 2002. It seems to be a rollercoaster ride for her but after 6 yrs of being diagnosed with RSD she is working partime and off of all meds.

I also have just recently been connecting with someone in Canada who had surgery to un-entrap some nerves in her ankle. Her RSD pain is now gone but she is just beginning the rehab process and it is very difficult. I found tons of studies on the internet that talk about nerve entrpament being the cause of rsd symtpoms so I know there are many, many people who experience what I did or the studies wouldn't be around.

So... there are people out there who have had remissions and total remissions. Maybe few and far between but if I can be one of them then SO CAN YOU!!!

My advice is to keep searching for the answers to your particular problem. We are all different so each of us may have there own individual solution to the same symptoms.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!
Peace,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote