View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Venessa,
When I was diagnosed with RSD I was told that I would never fully recover. That I needed to accept my reality and go to pain couseling to learn to cope. Yes, some really did care about me and wanted my pain to go away and they listened to me cry to but..

You know my story now so what do you think about what all the doctor's told me?

They were WRONG!

If I had listened to them and believed them. I would not be where I am today. I know that they were trying to help me to the best of their ability but...they were so wrong. All of them and I saw many, many doctors.

So if you do have RSD and you don't have some fixable problem that is mimicing rsd symptoms then I don't see why you can't be one of the few who does recover. I think that doctors should be telling people about those few rare cases that do improve so that you keep trying. There is always hope.

I was suicidal so many times because of doctors but something deep inside me kept me fighting and searching for answers.

My opinion in simple terms is, screw what the doctors predict - proove them wrong and get better. Maybe then they will think twice about only sharing the bad news.

Peace,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote