Thread: Hi!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I spend 2.5 weeks down here earlier, and been back here for 3 more weeks and counting. Not as far south as you - north of Orlando, central Florida.

It was much hotter when I was not here than by the time I got back - it had been over 100, but was high 90's by the end of Aug. when I returned. And the humidity, although it's here, did not affect me as much as in Ohio because these is air here - no breeze back home.

I have a lot of issues with weather - migraines, pain, fatigue all seem to escalate with storms. I do not have it near as bad down here for the most part, but I swear I feel the tropical storms even way off the coast. I've had a migraine for 2 days with Fred deciding what he's gonna do lol.

I love the landscape, can endure the heat, can deal with the critters. Hate the traffic. And the longer we're in this area, the more aware we are of the crime.

People are delightfully friendly to talk to, but otherwise pretty awful. They'll slam carts into cars int the parking lots - hey Florida, do you have a clue what a cart corral is for? They are all looking at me like I'm nuts when I put my cart away.

If you don't get cut off and nearly rear-ended every block, something ain't right.

Our truck was hit - hard - in a parking lot, someone tried to break into the cap someplace else, and at one point we had to ask security to follow us to the truck, some man was following us like he was going to rob us.

*edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 09-12-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: NT guidelines
braingonebad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-13-2009), SallyC (09-12-2009)