Thread: autism
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

But... PD like many neurological conditions is affected by many outside stressors. The person gets worried, stressed, ill, fatigued, and the overall environment can exacerbate the condition. Gluten maybe one of the many things that can contribute to the exacerbation of the underlying condition and not necessarily be the end-all solution when removed from the diet.

I have two nephews that are autistic. The older is the least affected where as his younger brother is the most. The youngest is on a gluten free diet due to other reasons and he's still off-the-wall. His older brother lives on Mac and Cheese, and you know how much garbage is in this stuff. So much for the study IMO.

With these two liittle boys, there are other stressors in their overall household. Their dad is a drunk and verbally abusive, and my sister is no saint either. If she were a cat her ears would be flat all the time.

Now these are only two examples in the big picture here that don't fit the study, but as I said there are many factors that can affect an individual to make things worse.

The gluten-free diet may work for some but not everyone.

John
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
----\\\--///----someone
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
-----///\\\----Cancer..
----///--\\\---Thank you
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote