View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ankle arthritis

Hi PeterB, Ankle arthritis...oh ya! My ankles started bothering me while I was in college(30 yrs ago). After tons of different medications that really did nothing, as I was always in incredible pain during the last 4 years, I asked my rheumatologist about "ankle fusion". She sent me to a guy who does nothing but ankles. I had each ankle done separately, was in a cast for a total of 6 months. If I had to do it again, I'd do them both at the same time and rent a wheelchair. But, the results have been MIRACULOUS!!! I have absolutely no pain for the first time in over 30 years! Now, I'm contemplating spinal fusion for the same reasons. I just need to give my body a bit of a break. I've been receiving steroid injections in my spine for the pain but it's not really doing the job. I have the x-ray images but I don't know how to insert them here.

u2nance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Having firmly established itself in my neck, the OA has now decided to have a go at my ankles.
Had just a few sore pangs now and then, suddenly the left one sore all of the time, especially after a walk. Oddly, it doesn't get much worse while walking, just afterwards.
The right one is OK but is tender to the touch, so it is lurking there too.
Does anyone else have this ankle OA?
u2nance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote