Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Having firmly established itself in my neck, the OA has now decided to have a go at my ankles.
Had just a few sore pangs now and then, suddenly the left one sore all of the time, especially after a walk. Oddly, it doesn't get much worse while walking, just afterwards.
The right one is OK but is tender to the touch, so it is lurking there too.
Does anyone else have this ankle OA?
Peter you might want to try Salonpas patches on the ankles.
I use them alot for my OA. Sometimes they will work in one day!

I use the ones with methyl salicylate in them. Even on fingers and toes. This past week I am doing mortar work on a rock wall, and my right hand is having problems at night. I just cut them into strips and wrap around the affected finger(s) and next day they are much better.
There are several types, this is the one I use:
http://www.salonpas.us/salonpas.php
These should be available in Australia, since they originated in your part of the globe...Japan I think.

I have problems with the left ankle..since I had a steroid injection done by a less than adequate podiatrist there. It can flare up and hurt for no reason. I'd be lost without Salonpas.

I think folks should try non invasive remedies first, before going big time with the scalpels, etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote