View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation My story and advise needed

So my symptoms started with my lips, which at the time I blew off due to dental work I was having done...soon after moved to my arms, which I chalked up to possible muscular dystrophy thought to have inherited from my mother, and exacerbated by my 8 month pregnant body. July 3rd 2009 my 3rd son was born, and within 3 days I could hardly move. My wonderful nurologist saw me on day 4 and immediately prescribed Mestinon just in case, and ordered tons of blood work. The first time I took the meds I felt like Superman, I could not believe the meds worked so fast!!! CT showed Thymoma, and immediately scheduled surgery "to get it over with" (I am seriously shortening this because my fingers are dying)...fast forward surgery was done on Aug. 19 and I felt wonderful for two weeks (my MG..) I was amazed by how well I felt especially considering a slight sunburn had knocked me down for two days prior to my surgery...For the past three days my MG has gotten so bad I can barely pick up my son ( 120mg 4x daily) and I don't know what to do...I'm not sure whether I should start the Prednisone when I will hopefully start feeling better due to the surgery soon, and I am also supposed to return from my Maternity leave in two weeks!!! I should add that even with the Mestinon making me feel better I can't do a darn thing but sit on the couch, and on days that I shower, forget even brushing my teeth. Without the Mestinon I would be in hoslpital, with it I can feel ok just sitting around.

How soon did it take for your symptoms to lessen?
Is it worth it to take the Prednisone?
How many of you work?

Thank you so much for all your help...

Jessica
sugrkiss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote