View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 08:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord stimulator vs Pain Pump

Hi,
My motivation for looking back into these options is the isolation of not being able to drive and the ensuing depression that accompaines the isolation. I live about 50 miles from my family, doesnt sound far but I only see one family member on a regular basis, my husband travels about 90% of the time.I am by all definitions , a shut in.

In any event. my body rejected the port a cath dr. S put in for my infusions.This was in year two. I had ketamine insusion for almost 4 yesrs. I dont know how many of us have been told our RSD is extremely opportunistic, but i have been.

The rejection of the port was a serious one and almost immediate. severe alloydina, edema, infection etc.

It had to be removed within a month on an emergency basis up at hahnemann hospital.
30,000 dollars to put in , 30k to take out. wow is right.

Following that,( I have cold rsd) I had picc lines put in and taken out constantly as it is near impossible to get an IV line in me. Again they had to keep coming out due to the RSD and severe alloydina and further complications.

Now I'm in my 6th year, I'm having alot of GI problems upper and lower, so I am looking at options again.

I've read alot about SCS on neurotalk, and its success. But not much about pain pumps. I have been told over and over I am not a canidate to scs for the above reasons as well as because i am full body.

Im wondering if anyone has the pain pump. I dont know how I would make it through hte surgery but with the help of my pain mangagement doctor it might be possible.

Could anyone share their experiences with a pain pump. what type you have etc.

Also, if you have scs, why did you select that over the pain pump or vs versa. thank you so much,

I appreciate any input anyone could share, cz sorry this is so long! I really do try to edit my posts and make them shorter!!!
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (09-14-2009), Djhasty (01-07-2013)