Thread: Hi!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LOL Cathy, I thought the drivers on the east side of Cleveland were bad! Florida makes them look like sissies! Kind of makes you wish you were driving a tank down there! And not just the old folks, everyone needs to be re-tested down there!

Crime? ya not a lot different than Cleveland. Heat was easier to deal with though than snow and ice on the ground for weeks at a time though! Don`t mind cold, but snow and ice makes it tough to use the scooter or what I call walking.

Tom, Indian Shores beach was a mile from the house in Largo, LOL beach names change every couple of miles. Saw a couple of the drawbridges over the inter-coastal waterway, went over I on ullmerton a few times. Just no interest in saltwater and living 10 feet above sea level doesn`t seem like a good choice for a home purchase. Ocala is 100 feet? sounds better to me!

Sally I am a happy person, just have trouble dealing with people that can`t find anything to do but complain about their situation when they make no attempt to improve themselves. Tried to keep the soon to be ex happy, but she never will be, everything, including her unwillingness to learn is someone else`s fault. A burden finally of my shoulders, but not by my hand.

Kitty, I have family in Rincon? outside of Savanah? an option I might explore, never been there either, travel south just never held much interest to me when I was well. Just need to get things taken care of here and see what my two kids that are still at home are going to do. Youngest daughter starts at an Ohio State magnet school in Wooster Ohio (for 2 years,then Columbus) son 20 has no direction, too many years of hearing he is a kid, let him have fun. Love him to death, but dude has to grow up! Either with me or on his own. Tough love? I am too old to be a babysitter! and their mother deserted them too. Kids all got my back, I will try to cover theirs, but they know how I roll,accept responsibility for your own shortcomings and issues.

Anywhere from Knoxville Tn south would probably work for me. Just need to look around some more. Ex in Florida owns her own home, I will be the boss in my next place, I let some things and choices made by the soon to be ex slide to keep the peace. Poor choices that turned out to be mistakes, from now on if I got to pay for the castle I will be king of it! Just don`t care for the idea of living under someone else`s roof.
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (09-14-2009), Kitty (09-13-2009), SallyC (09-13-2009)