View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleeper View Post
Kitty, I have family in Rincon? outside of Savanah? an option I might explore, never been there either, travel south just never held much interest to me when I was well. Just need to get things taken care of here and see what my two kids that are still at home are going to do.

Anywhere from Knoxville Tn south would probably work for me. Just need to look around some more.

I've been to Florida.....just never really had the desire to live there. Good thing, too, 'cos heat intolerance is one of my worst sx. It's bad enough here in GA during the Summer. Not sure I could stand it all year round.

I'm about an hour and a half south of Chattanooga. Considered "north" Georgia. It's nice.....we get a tiny bit of winter precip during the coldest months (February/March). Just enough to let us know it's Winter. But, you can still cook on your grill in January most years.

Once you get your own place and make it your own it's nice. I've surprised myself at how much I like being independent. I wasn't given a choice in the matter (DH passed away) but, since it was forced upon me I've dealt with it accordingly. There's perks to being your own boss!!

Good luck....I hope you find a place that you love!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote