View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jessica,

I work fulltime and take prednisone. I started taking Pred almost 2 years ago and felt the benefit within a couple of weeks. At first I was taking 60 mg daily, now I'm down to 40 mg every second day. There are a lot of side effects to consider (I almost immediately swelled up so it looked like I had Cushings Syndrome, I lost a lot of hair and gained a lot of weight, among other things I'm sure I'm forgetting right now). I'm still happy with my decision to take pred as I was SO helpless before taking it. I haven't had a thymectomy as my CT scan was normal.

I'm a learning support teacher and lead a farily "normal" life - today for example I cleaned my entire house (vacuumed, swept, worked in the garden, did some laundry and dishes, washed all the windows and mirrors) then walked a mile to a friends for a meal. My job can be physically demanding, I play some sports with the kids and occasionally go swimming etc. I usually crash pretty early when I get home form school and recuperate on Saturday. I feel pretty lucky that I'm able to do as much as I can!

I hope you get the answers you need to make your mind up. Take care,
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote