View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 02:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nicky

Dear Nicky, I'm so sorry for all you're going through. My dad had radiation for his cancer previously, and I think it affects everyone differently. It essentially concerns the state of your body, as in those with a healthier stronger body can take it better. My dad's 70yrs and when he went through it, he took it much better than most of the younger people. He didn't really have much side effects, and even drove himself to the clinic to get his daily radiotherapy treatments. Lol. He was on chemo and radio at the same time then, and he took it okay. The only thing was that parts of his body appear brown after that (burnt I think), and he often felt that the part where the tumour was at was hot. Try to take more cooling stuffs, and build up your immune system when you can so that less side effects will occur. different side effects are also expected for differnt parts of the body where the treatment will be at.

So don't stress yourself, discuss your options with the doctor and see what he says. Will be keepin you in prayer, you'll be just fine!
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (09-14-2009)