Old 09-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie66 View Post
My MRI scans were done using 2 different scanners. The neck was scanned using a 1.5 tesla scanner. The head was scanned using a 3tesla scanner. Hmm I wonder wher yon chap got the name from?
I would be DEEPLY suspicious of that article.
I think that the word "tesla" is a unit of power. Not that he designed the scanner etc.
http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictT.html
Quote:
tesla (T)
the SI unit of flux density (or field intensity) for magnetic fields (also called the magnetic induction). The intensity of a magnetic field can be measured by placing a current-carrying conductor in the field. The magnetic field exerts a force on the conductor, a force which depends on the amount of the current and on the length of the conductor. One tesla is defined as the field intensity generating one newton of force per ampere of current per meter of conductor. Equivalently, one tesla represents a magnetic flux density of one weber per square meter of area. A field of one tesla is quite strong: the strongest fields available in laboratories are about 20 teslas, and the Earth's magnetic flux density, at its surface, is about 50 microteslas (µT). One tesla equals 10 000 gauss. The tesla, defined in 1958, honors the Serbian-American electrical engineer Nikola Tesla (1856-1943), whose work in electromagnetic induction led to the first practical generators and motors using alternating current.
I find the bolded sentence interesting. I use magnets for chronic pain, and mine are always 10,000 g or higher.
I didn't know this until I searched it today!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote