View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kate,

I am impressed that your neuro is concerned enough about you to see you so often. I had a seizure in the ER and my concussion resulted from falling out bed while having another seizure and the bed rail was not up. My neuro works for the hospital and I am pretty sure that she doesn't want to treat the PCS because that would admit that the hospital was at fault. She continues to explain that the symptoms could be a result of my seizure meds. I have printed out the symptoms of PCS and the symptoms of Lamictal and by far I am suffering from PCS. I even saw a sports med doc who confirmed this diagnosis, but she is still not will to help me out.

What I really want to know is if anyone has symptoms a day after you do something. I can work out one day and everything seems fine, but the next day my head hurts so bad I sometimes have to spend it in bed. If I have to work, I suffer through the day. I couldn't sit through a Wisconsin Badger football game because of all the noise and lights. The next day I felt like crap again. This past weekend, I attended a birthday party that included a small acoustic band that was not loud by any means, but the drunker people got, the louder they got. I had to go outside numerous times because I could not take the noise and the flashing lights. So my ride home yesterday (3-1/2 miles) was one of my worst rides home with the bumpy roads. Even lying my head on a pillow was painful. When I got home I tried to sleep it off, but that didn't help either. This part is all new to me because the accident happened in December, so football games, etc. bring up a whole new experience than what I have had the past few months. The longer this goes on, the more frustrated I get. I have two kids who want their mom to enjoy things with them. I am thinking about another opinion, but keep dragging me feet.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enigmatise_1981 (10-11-2009)