View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi clouds,
How are you?
Our old TS chatroom was great. I miss that very much. I remember when we used to get over 20 people chatting and gathering information there. In those days I could even keep up with all the different threads of conversation lol

These days I get too much pain in my arms and neck and back to type fast in a chatroom. I've been just trying to take it easy on myself for a while and just write messages on the forums instead.

So my answer is that yes, I do like chatrooms. I like the way they allow spontaneous one-on-one interaction. I remember so many people who were quite desperate coming into the TS chat and they were able to find a bond instantaneously with the members who were there.

Some years ago I was very ill and spent a lot of time in bed recovering and spent a lot of that time with a keyboard on my lap... sometimes I think it kept me alive.

There are of course things about chatrooms that I don't like too and yes, being ignored is no fun. Sometimes the other people though have conditions that don't allow them to type very fast or very much. Sometimes people leave the computer and forget they're there.

Sometimes people are just rude. It all depends on who you're chatting with. It happens in all forums and all chats all over the net from what I've seen. I'm pretty shy in my so-called *real-life*, so I'm also very thankful to have been able to meet so many wonderful people over the years. Not all of us have things in common, but I do like learning about others and about their lives and where they live and even how they view the rest of the world. One thing I've learned about people from chatrooms is that not everyone views the world the way I do. My world is very large.

Also some people, for whatever reason, are quite self-centered, and I don't mean that in a rude way. I mean that they may be in horrific pain, and can't think past what's happening at that very moment for them. Don't take it too personally. If I let the number of times I have been ignored over the years affect me then I wouldn't still be using a computer. lol

How's the weather in your area?
Lot of sickness around in the US and Canada at the moment. You be careful there, clouds, you can do without that yukky norovirus that's in the news. You've had enough this past year to worry about.

take care there,
Lara

Last edited by Lara; 01-06-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (05-26-2014)