View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Symptoms of MG?

Joan Marie,
Oh wow that is strange that this is how yours started too! How long ago were you diagnosed? I couldn't sleep last night either. It is crazy how it starts with the twiching and tingling but then becomes painful. YES, I am definitely light headed and dizzy! Those go along with the episodes where my heart races and I have ringing in my ears. Sometimes I have to stop what I am doing and just sit for fear I am going to pass out or lose my balance and fall over. It is so scary! Mine are short lived so far,lasting only 3 or 4 minutes. I noticed you mentioned the pain when going up stairs. I have that too! I notice that when I put my weight on my left leg it sends this pain through it. I will be so anxious to hear what your Dr. says tomorrow!!!
Thanks,
kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanmarie63 View Post
OMG.. That is how it started with me! Twitching, tingling, then spasms, now pain and numbing. and it is my left side only.. I am going to the Neuro tomorrow morning {I called today because the pain was so intense I couldn't sleep} I can walk as long as it isn't on steps, if I have to step up or down the pain is unreal or a lose my balance, are you also lightheaded and dizzy? Plus I do things wrong, like I picked up the tv remote to make a phone call.. actually started to dial..LOL My upper left side is weak, not painful, just weak and tingles at times. {worse then normal MG} I don't take any medications because I am super sensitive to them but I did try a muscle pill last night thinking it was just muscle strain but it didn't help at all and this morning I couldn't stand on my leg at all for at least 10 min. I will let you know what Dr. says tomorrow. Oh and yes, I have the ear ringing and fast heart rate {135} but I figured that was from a shot of steroids they gave me last week when I had my port worked on and had an allergic reaction to some med they gave me.
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote