View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The woman sounds like she has been through enough. Its horrible to deal with someone that has a drinking issue. It sounds like he exihibits very little control over his habits, and the consquenses of them. Even if he is a "good daddy" with his lil girl, he is still in trouble. Does he drink and drive with her in the car? Does he ask her to hid his behaviors? "shhh, dont tell mommy" kinda stuff is quite harmful to children. It sounds like momma has finally reached the level of having done this long enough. You can still love someone, and really care about what happens to them, and still find a need to protect yourself and your children. She is his WIFE, not his mommy, and its time HE took care of himself.

My first husband was a stupid drunk. He was not a happy, funny drunk. (he thought he was funny) he was just mean. I put up with it for a looooong time, before finally saying that I just wasnt able to carry the both of us anymore. It was my salary that kept the house afloat, and his salary kept the dancers fat in tips. the bartender fat in tips, and the autobody repair man fat in tips. You can kill love. its been proven.

I hope your friend is able to get some help from the systems. There are programs in place that would help her.

hugs and prayers for her.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-14-2009), gonnamakeit (09-14-2009), SallyC (09-14-2009)